One of the tricky things with Strawberries is that they are very delicate. They can go from PREMIUM to ‘”eh” or even “I’m touching that thing” in a few days.
We don’t want to sell the “meh” as “Premium” – so we created the “W.C.F.” solution.
The “I’m not touching that thing” strawberries go straight to the garbage.
What is this lovely “W.C.F.” solution you ask??
It’s an intricate process that involves hours of tedious work:
- First, we Wash the strawberries
- washing strawberries reduces their shelf life so please wash the Premium Strawberries before you devour them
- Second, we Cut the strawberries
- we cut off the green top and the parts that aren’t sexy anymore (if there’s any mold on the strawberry it falls into the “I’m not touching that thing” category and goes to the garbage)
- Third, we Freeze them in a clean styrofoam (empty) carton of eggs
- we’re looking for different solutions but this is the best one we found so far
So here you have it – ZEROWASTE STRAWBERRIES.